Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Video Games & Stroke Rehab

From Bloomberg Businessweek comes a story "Video Games Might Aid in Stroke Rehab," published April 7, 2011. Virtual reality activities appear to help patients improve arm strength and function, according to the research reported on.

The web address for the story is http://www.businessweek.com/print/lifestyle/content/healthday/651738.
html

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Sutherland said...

That's one of my favorite treatment modalities!

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home