Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Resources on Alzehimer's Students Might Find Useful

I ran across a couple of online sources that perhaps could be of benefit to RT students learning about serving persons with Alzehimer's.

One was from the Alzeimer's Association on conducting activities for persons with Alzeimer's. Go to http://www.alz.org/living_with_alzheimers_activities,asp

The other resource is titled Caring for a Person with Alzheimer's Disease: Your Easy-to-Use Guide from the National Institute on Aging. It is available from the National Institute on Aging within the National Insitute of Health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home