Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Nancy's Response to Danny's Message Helpful

Nancy Navar, on ATRAnet in responding to Danny Pettry's plan to use RTV videos in an in-service training program for noncertified staff at his facility, gave some helpful information that I'd like to pass along in this post.

Nancy mentioned that Patty Thomas at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee has an online certification program designed for noncertified staff. In the back of my mind it seems I recall hearing about Patty's program. I appreciate Nancy reminding all of us about it.

I should also remind folks that all 23 RTV videos are available via streaming from the Indiana University Library at https://scholarworks.iu.edu/dspace/handle/2022/3378

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home