Full Time Job Opening at Sholom West Campus in St. Louis Park, MN
in our 3rd Floor Memory Care Neighborhood
Please go to sholom.com
and click on the careers tab to check out the information for the position.
Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
plans, organizes, facilitates and evaluates Therapeutic Recreation programs provided to meet the social, emotional, physical, cognitive and spiritual needs for each resident/tenant.
1) Plan, organize, facilitate and evaluate Therapeutic Recreation programs. 40%
a. Create Therapeutic Recreation programs to address residents’/tenants’ social, emotional, physical, cognitive and spiritual needs related to maintaining quality of life when.
b. Create monthly calendar capturing 6 dimensions of wellness; printed and posted a minimum of 1 day prior to the end of the month.
2) Serve as a resource for residents, tenants and families. 25%
a. Meet and greet all new tenants and complete initial therapeutic recreation assessment as needed.
b. Conduct a recreation and leisure interest survey as appropriate.
3) Participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary team to assess and address resident/tenant needs in a consistent cross-disciplinary manner. 15%
a. Communicate with the Environmental Services department for desired set-up of space used for programs or events as appropriate.
b. Communicate with the Nutritional Services department for all special food and beverage requests for programs and events.
4) Create and maintain a variety of documents, records and reports including: 10%
a. Complete all necessary paperwork and documentation ensuring compliance with Minimum Data Set (MDS) 3.0 as needed.
b. Create easy to follow step-by-step instructions of all activities for others to follow when assisting with programming.
5) Work with the Department Manager to stay within the assigned budget. 5%
a. Communicate and track costs for all supplies/materials, special programs and events, etc.
6) Work with the therapeutic recreation team in scheduling campus wide programs and events. 5%
a. Assist with scheduling musical entertainment and other performances, weekend special events, luncheons, dinners, community outings, etc.
b. Secure community support for off-site outings including making reservations, ordering tickets, etc.
Perform miscellaneous projects and complete various tasks as requested by management.