Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Retail Therapy Study

Did you read accounts of a study recetnly published in the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health on the value of "retail therapy" with people who are elderly? Daily shopping trips seem to bring positive health benefits including prolonged survival. Researchers speculated that frequent shopping increased walking and this may have contributed to the results. If I can learn more about the study, I'll share the information on the RT Blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger Danny Pettry said...

That is interesting.
Thanks for sharing.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Mike Sutherland said...

That is quite unique and interesting.

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home