Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Friday, April 08, 2011

So Nova Scotia has Internships Too, eh Jerry

Yesterday I was one of several who received an email from my friend Professor Jerry Singleton of Dalhusie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Jerry's message was prompted by my previous message encouraging internships in Newfoudland -- a place where I had enjoyed a wonderful visit. Here is part of what was in his message:

Hi Everyone,

Nova Scotia also has intern opportunities. I would refer everyone to the Therapeutic Recreation Association of Atlantic Canada and the Newfoundland and Labrador Therapeutic Recreation Association web pages.

If you have not heard the Canadian Therapeutic Recreation Association and the British Columbia Therapeutic Recreation association are hosting the CTRA conference in Whistler BC in May 25 to 27. Go to
http://www.bctra.org/ctra_conference_2011 and consider joining us in BC.

Have fun today.

Jerry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home