Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Alzheimer's Cafes

In the April AARP Bulletin I just read about Alzheimer's cafe being established in Nova Scotia, Canada's first. Evidently Alzheimer's cafes have been in the Netherlands for 14 years. They also are in the United Kingdom and one is in Santa Fe, NM.The cafes provide safe supportive places for those with Alzheimer's disease, caregivers, and loved ones to share experiences and talk.

The Alzheimer's cafes seem like a great idea. Perhaps some RTs will become involved in establishing such cafes. I think that would be a very good thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Alzheimer's is a chronic progressive disease. If you are suffering from this disease and want to take treatment, you should visit our site Best alzheimer's treatment. We are giving best treatment for this disease.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home