Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Students & Faculty -- Newfoundland is Wonderful!

Yesterday's post on student internship opportunities in Newfoundland brought to mind a really great personal experience. It was my honor to give the keynote address for the Canadian Therapeutic Recreation Association Conference in May of 2008. It so happened the CTRS Conference was held in St. John's, Newfoundland.

I fell in love with the people and place of Newfoundland. The people are warm and friendly and I found the city of St. John's to be a terrific place to visit. And the RTs from Newfoundland that I met were extremely energetic about our profession.

I think that any student who wishes to have a special internship should explore opportunities in Newfoundland. And faculty, shouldn't you travel to Newfoundland to provide any of your interns proper supervision!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home