From Beth Eastman, CTRS, Rehabilitation Department Manager, Montana State Hospital:
We are losing an amazing CTRS and are now on the search for an adventurous soul to take up the post. I have attached below the job posting for a certified Recreation Therapist in the State of Montana. Interested persons may apply online at www.mt.gov Please direct questions to Beth Eastman. My information is at the end of this email.
Recreation Therapist - (15140739)
The recreation therapist helps patients build resiliency and life skills. Other responsibilities include: 1) Interviewing and observing patients to assess physical and mental status, capabilities, and interests, rehabilitation needs and plans appropriate interventions; 2) Designing and developing treatment programs and interventions addressing patients assessed needs; and 3) Developing treatment goals and evaluating patients progress toward goals and revises goals as needed.
Required for the first day of work:
• Knowledge of recreation therapy interventions and practices.
• Knowledge of psychology, human behavior and development.
• Knowledge of individual and group therapy principles.
• Knowledge of recreational activities and related equipment.
• Knowledge of mental illness, chemical dependency, traumatic brain injury, developmental disabilities; medical and physical disabilities.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to write reports and make oral presentations.
• Ability to operate personal computer and general office equipment as necessary to complete essential functions, including using spreadsheets, word processing, database, email, internet, and other computer programs.
Minimum Qualifications (Education and Experience):
• Bachelor’s degree in therapeutic recreation.
• One year recreation therapist experience.
• Completion of approved recreation therapist internships may substitute for the one year of required experience.
• National Council for Therapeutic Recreation certification is required within one year of employment.
Applicant Pool Statement:
If another department vacancy occurs in this job title within six months, the same applicant pool may be used for the selection. Training Assignment: This agency may use a training assignment. Employees in training assignments may be paid below the base pay established by the agency pay rules. Conditions of the training assignment will be stated in writing at the time of hire.
$17.50 - 18.38 Hourly Benefits Package Eligibility: Health Insurance, Paid Leave & Holidays, Retirement Plan
Number of Openings
: 1 Employee Status: Regular Schedule: Full-Time
: Day Job
: Warm Springs
Agency: Department of Public Health & Human Services Union: Montana Education Association and Montana Federation of Teachers (MEA-MFT) Bargaining Unit: 024 - MEA-MFT -MSH -Prof
Open to: External - Public
: Apr 2, 2015, 8:45:02 AM
: May 1, 2015, 11:59:00 PM
Additional Application Materials Required to Apply:
Contact Name: Todd Thun | Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Contact Phone: 406 693-7034 The State of Montana has a decentralized human resources system and each agency is responsible for its own recruitment and selection process. An employee or applicant who needs a reasonable accommodation during the application or hiring process should contact the state agency human resources staff identified on the job listing as soon as possible or use the relay service by dialing 711. Montana Job Service Offices also offer support services including assisting applicants with submitting online applications.
Beth Eastman, CTRS
Rehabilitation Department Manager
Montana State Hospital
PO Box 300
Warm Springs, MT 59756