Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Friday, January 20, 2012

February is RT Month!

I was pleased to receive the following message from ATRA that proclaims February as RT Month. I've personally sought this at least since keynoting the Canadian Therapeutic Recretion Association conference 3 or 4 years ago where I realized our Canadian friends celebrated in February. Here is the ATRA message:

Gear up for the first ever RT/TR Month this February! ATRA offers three new $1 items, each of which can be ordered as an RT version or a TR version: hand sanitizer, nail files, and comfort grip pens. Winning posters from the contest last Fall are also available in dual versions. Due to their popularity at the 2011 Annual Conference, we've also brought back two more items: the fleece vest and windbreaker. These new items are available for a limited time only so order now. You can also view a complete list of promotional items available.

We're looking for every CTRS to participate! This is your month to raise awareness and support for the profession and what we accomplish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home