Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cybercycling Gives Seniors a Brain Boost

Anderson-Hanley et al in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine have reported reseach findings that show virtual reality exercise games, like Wii Fit, may help older adults fight cognitive decline. They point out that participants often said they had fun when playing the virtual reality game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home