Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Are RTs Ready for Prime Time?

I just saw an AMA article titled "Not Ready for Prime Time," that raises the question as to if physicians are prepared for independent practice. I wonder about the same question in regard to RT professional prepartion. Any thoughts?

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Sutherland said...

We are woefully behind the "Prime Time" players (PT, OT, SP) when it comes to education. That is certainly not to say that all RT programs or students are, but we need tighter standards for education with accreditation for all programs.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home