Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Yoga Study with Marieke as Coauthor

The Indiana University Media Relations today released a story titled "Modified Yoga Practice Found to Improve Older Stroke Victims' Balance, Endurance." The story described the positive effects of a twice-weekly, 8-weeks, yoga class on balance and endurance of patients at a VA Hospital. The study was reported at a poster session at the annual meeting of the American College of Sports Medicine.

Marieke Van Puymbroek, Professor of Recreational Therapy at Indiana University was one of the coauthors of the study.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home