Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

How About Holding RT Faculty Institutes

I recall with fondness getting together with RT faculty from across the country at the "Post-Doc" Institutes held in the 1980s at Indiana University's Bradford Woods and, later, at Estes Park in West Virginia. These meetings allowed faculty to spend time together discussing issues and concerns in retreat like settings. Indiana University and the University of Maryland organized the institues with the help of federal grants.

Wouldn't it be great to renew such RT faculty institutes! There are certainly lots of topics that might be pursued -- not the least being the state of university Ph.D. programs and support for RT research.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home