Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

TRO Conference has a Strong Program

I just went to the Therapeutic Recreation Ontario website to have another look at the TRO Conference program. It impressed me as being very strong.

One thing I'll call for in my keynote address to the TRO Conference is greater interactions between RTs from Canada and the United States. It seems to me that we are really missing the boat by not interacting more with our Canadian colleagues.

I've suggested, as a starting point, that ATRA join CTRA in a joint celebration of RT Week or RT Month -- whatever is chosen. Still I haven't seen much movement toward this. It seems to me that the simple act of celebrating our profession at the same time should not be a difficult first step to take.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home