Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Position Opening & John Shank's Retirement

From Dr. Jeff Witman, CTRS via the ATRAnet Listserv:

Hi folks- thought there might be some interest in the job and gathering below:

- the job is a tenure track position at Lock Haven PA University which blends RT and fitness/wellness/nutrition-
https://jobs.lhup.edu/postings/438

- the gathering was last night's retirement celebration for John Shank. Impressive organization by the folks at Temple and many well wishers (plus some cool gifts for John). John's contribution to our field has been distinctive. A truly wonderful mentor and colleague who has been a source of motivation and inspiration to many including me.

Take care, Jeff
--
Dr. Jeff Witman, CTRS
Chair, Behavioral Sciences Department
York College of PA
717-815-6415

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home