Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

TRO Conference is "Sold Out"

Danny Pettry, M.S., CTRS, commented that he would like to be able to attend the Therapetic Recreation Ontario Conference next week in Toronto. I wish he could too --but I just learned that the conference has sold out.

The fact that TRO is a sell out is of course great news as I'm doing the keynote for the conference and a couple of educational sessions. The Alberta Therapeutic Recreation Association Conference held in Calgary last October, where I did the keynote and a number of other sessions, attracted the largest number of participants in its history.

Of course, I'd like to think that having me on the program had some correlation with the large numbers in Toronto and Calgary. It probably doesn't, but let me think that. Okay?! :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike Sutherland said...

I can see the headlines now. "Austin draws record crowd and receives standing ovation"

10:15 PM  
Blogger Rene' said...

I'm sure you had everything to do with it!!! :o)

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home