Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Some Things You May or May Not Know About the TR Directory

I just visited the TR Directory that is run by Charlie Dixon, M.S., CTRS. Here are some things you may or may not know about the TR Directory:

1. It went online on December 28, 1995.
2. In 2004, ATRA presented the TR Directory its Organizational or Institutional Award for supporting and promoting TR.
3. In 2007, ATRA named Charlie Dixon ATRA's Outstanding Professional of the Year.
4. According to Quantcast.com the TR Directory receives over 22,000 visitors each month.
5. It is strange that while it is called the "TR Directory," its address is http://www.recreationtherapy.com

Hope those who follow the RT Blog occasionally check out Charlie Dixon's TR Directory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home