Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Free Recreation Therapy Videos

I recently sent out a reminder about the RTV videos to the ATRA Newsletter Editor, Jean Folkerth. I thought I'd also post it on the RT Blog.

The entire collection of 23 Recreation Therapy Videos is available via streaming from the Indiana University Library at no charge. The RTV instructional videos were produced through a federal grant to Indiana University.

One of the most popular RTV videos is titled “To Serve a Purpose.” This video provides an introduction to therapeutic recreation. Other popular RTV videos include “TR Models: Health Protection-Health Promotion Model;” “TR Models: Leisure Ability Model;” “Professionalism in Therapeutic Recreation;” “Professional Ethics;” “Clinical Supervision;” “Documentation and Behavioral Observation;” “Therapeutic Listening;” “Nonverbal Communication;” and “History of Therapeutic Recreation, Parts I, II, III.”

A complete listing of the RTV videos titles, with descriptions, may be obtained by going to the Indiana University TR webpage. When on the page, click Recreation Therapy Videos on the left side of the page. The address for the IU TR webpage is: http://www.indiana.edu/~iutr/

To video stream any of the RTV videos go to:
https:scholarworks.iu.edu/dspace/handle/2022/3378

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Zoerink said...

This list has been taken down from the Scholarworks site. Where can I find the list of videos now?

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home