Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Professors: One of Hottest Jobs

The December APA Monitor on Psychology reported on Money magazine’s list of the top careers. Factors considered by Money magazine in developing the list included projected growth rate, average salary, stress level, flexibility and creativity.

The occupation of college professor was ranked 3rd on the list of "hottest jobs."

I hope this list is made known to those in our profession – but especially to RT practitioners and master’s students because these are individuals who may be most qualified to pursue Ph.D.’s – which are needed as there exists a shortage RT faculty with research degrees.

By the way, the occupations of physical therapists and occupational therapists were listed 7th and 14th respectively. Recreational therapists did not have a place on the list of the 25 hottest jobs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home