Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

International Interest in RT

I was pleased last week to receive an email from a graduate student at Oxford University with interest in RT. He told me he had read three of my books: Therapeutic Recreation Processes and Techniques, Therapeutic Recreation: An Introduction, and Conceptual Foundations for Therapeutic Recreation.

I suppose that I'm always surprised by international interest in RT. But perhaps I shouldn't be. With the use of the internet these days, more and more information on RT is becoming available.

It is still amazing to me that all 23 of the Recreation Therapy Videos are available for free to anyone in the world through the Indiana University Library's IUScholarworks program. My Glossary of Recreation Therapy and Occupational Therapy is also available on the internet via the IU Library.

I hope that over time we can make more and more free materials on RT available over the internet. We have a lot of information in this country to share with RTs in the States and with those around the world with interest in RT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home