Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Monday, June 08, 2009

RTV Videos and Staff Training

I was excited about the streaming of the RTV videos largely because the videos will be available for use in university professional prep programs. In a recent comment to an RT Blog post, Danny Pettry, M.S., CTRS, suggested another use for the RTV videos. That is the possible use of the RTV videos in staff training.

I think this is a great idea. Each video begins and ends with listing learning objectives for the video -- so it is very apparent as to what the viewer should learn from watching the video. These learning objectives could easily become the basis for staff discussions or for testing of the viewers' knowledge following watching the videos.

I hope others in clinical settings will consider using the RTV videos in staff training programs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home