Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Instructor’s Guide is Ready!

The Instructor’s Guide for the 6th edition of Therapeutic Recreation Processes and Techniques (Austin, 2009) has been sent to Sagamore Publishing for distribution to faculty who adopt the book.

I believe this version of the Instructor’s Guide is the very best that has ever been prepared for my book. In fact, it may be the most complete instructor’s guide ever to accompany a RT/TR textbook.

The Instructor’s Guide contains an overview of every chapter, along with descriptions of a large number of learning activities and numerous multiple choice questions. In addition, instructors will find essay questions at the end of each chapter in the textbook that may be used as exam questions.

A new feature of the Instructor’s Guide is the use of videos in several learning activities. The videos have never previously been widely available but now may be retrieved through the Indiana University Library which has made the videos available for streaming. The address for the Recreation Therapy Videos (RTV) is https://scholarworks.iu.edu/dspace/handle/2022/3378

I would like to publicly acknowledge and thank my co-authors for the Instructor’s Guide, Professors Youngkhill Lee (Calvin College) and Bryan McCormick (Indiana University). We are very fortunate to have scholars like Youngkhill and Bryan in our profession.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home