Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Friday, October 03, 2008

How was Reno?

I didn't attend the ATRA Annual Conference in Reno and am wondering how it went. If you attended, how about commenting on the conference. I know I'd appreciate it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike Sutherland said...

Reno was a good time. I really didn't get to as many presentations as I would have liked since I presented and stayed for my co-presenters presentations all day on Wednesday. However, the presentations I attended were pretty good.

I agree that Reno wasn't the best place to hold a conference. I had quite a time getting a flight into Reno when my original flight was canceled. This was due to a lack of flights into the city. I would like to see future conferences in larger cities which offer greater access. I also agree that conferences should be held closer to the majority of CTRSs. I know there are many in California and the northwest, but I would like to see one in St. Louis or Cincinnati.

Overall, I really enjoy ATRA's conferences. I hope to get to meet you at one in the future, Dave!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I thought ATRA was great this year. As co-team leader of the Research Team, i spent 2 days with the Research Institute. We received many comments that the presentations were the strongest research presented thus far! I was thrilled to hear this, and am grateful to Richard Williams for all of his hard work w/this.
Next year the conference will be mid-continent- Minnesota here we come!
The board did a really nice job of bailing out the association of a very tough year- and kudos to them for all of their hard work!

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home