Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Student Opportunties at ATRA

I just received this information from Melissa Zahl, MTRS, CTRS, who is a doctoral candidate at the University of Utah:

Jen Piatt and myself, co-team leaders for student development, were hoping you would encourage students that are attending ATRA's annual conference to participate in the student sessions and the student social.

The student social is Tuesday Sept 30 from 12-2:00PM. This is their opportunity to be recognized for their contribution to ATRA and to meet with the ATRA board members. A nice lunch will be provided.

There will be two sessions that are specific to students. These are both on Wed Oct. 1. Both sessions are facilitated by amazing practioners and advocates for the field. I am very fortunate they were willing to assist this committee.

Session 1:
Wed. Oct. 1 8:30-10 a
In the beginning...Starting your Professional Life
Sandy Negley, MS, MTRS,CTRS and Steve Bell, PhD, TRS
This session is intended to engage students and new professionals in answering the question, "How do I become a professional?"

Session 2:
Wed Oct. 1 2-3:30 p
NCTRC Certification: All you need to know
Representatives from NCTRC will discuss and answer questions about the application process.
Robyn McNeal, CTRS and Susan Kaufer, CTRS

Thank you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home