Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Medications Article in ATRA Newsletter

I just received my July/August ATRA Newsletter today. It contains an article by Elizabeth Hall, M.S, CTRS, regarding medications used in mental health. Covered are antipsychotics, antidepressants, mood stablizers, and stimulants. Side effects are provided for each brand name medicine. The information is presented in handy, chart form. For those in psych/mental health, Hall's article may be worth checking out.

In case you are interested, similar information on drugs is covered in my textbook Therapeutic Recreation Processes and Techniques (5th edition) published by Sagamore Publishing, Inc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home