Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Profile of "Average" RT Professional

The 2007 summer/fall edition NCTRC News contains survey data collected from 4,667 RTs who participated in the study. I think the findings on the "average" RT are interesting.

The "average RT" is female (86.5% of those surveyed), has been a CTRS for 10 years or more (47.2%), and currently works as a recreation therapist (43.6%) in mental health (37%) within a hospital (40%).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home