Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Higher Ed Institute at ATRA

I just received the announcement below from Marieke and thought I'd pass it along.

Dear Colleagues,

Please make plans to join your colleagues for the 2007 Higher Education Institute that is being held as a preconference institute at ATRA’s Annual Conference in Milwaukee this year on September 9, 2007. The sessions will be as follows: Marketing and recruiting TR programs; Outcome-based internships and practicum; Keynote speaker on outcome based assessments to frame discussion of syllabi and internship issues; Developing core NCTRC competencies in courses; Innovative ways to teach modalities and interventions.

We hope that you will make plans to join us! Sunday, September 9, 2007, Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, 8:00 am-5:15 pm ($110.00).

Sincerely,
Marieke Van Puymbroeck and Marcia Carter
Co-Chairs, ATRA Academic Affairs Committee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home