Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Hats Off to ATRA Officers!

It is easy to sit on the sidelines and cheer (or boo) but to be a player in the middle of the game takes a great deal. Sandy Negley, ATRA's president, has been a real player this year for our profession. Working without an executive director, she has been giving it her all this year to keep ATRA's service delivery at a high level.

Marcia Smith, ATRA's president-elect, has been there to support Sandy all the way. I am sure that Marcia will jump in to provide our organization with great leadership when her term begins following the Annual Conference.

Sometimes, we on the sidelines, don't realize the time and effort our leaders put into our organization. Both Sandy and Marcia have been working 20-30 hours a week on ATRA business -- while doing their own full-time jobs. I want to thank both of them for their leadership and for being so giving.

I will not be attending the ATRA Annual Conference next month. If I was I would make it a point to thank Sandy, Marcia, and all of the board for their hard work on our behalf. If you are going to the Annual, please thank them for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home