Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, August 02, 2012

University Rankings of RT Schools

I enjoy reviewing the annual rankings of universities. I thought I’d share some of the recent rankings by the Center for College Affordability & Productivity.


Among the “Best Public Colleges & Universities” I noted the following schools that have RT majors:

Indiana University (36), University of Utah (39), University of New Hampshire (48), Clemson (79), University of Iowa (102), UNC Greensboro (122), and Temple (138).

Among the “100 Best Buys” Ratings I noted the following universities that have RT majors:

BYU, Idaho (9), BYU (14), University of Utah (23), UNC Greensboro (24), East Carolina (31), UNC Wilmington (32), Oklahoma State University (60), Indiana University (79), and the University of Southern Mississippi (86).

Granted, I may have missed a school with RT that was on one of the lists – but I checked them as carefully as I could. As a former Indiana University faculty member, I was pleased to see that IU made both lists. The University of Utah also shared this distinction, as did UNC Greensboro.

I hope sharing these ratings helps to remind those in our profession of the critical role that universities play in providing evidence to support practice and in preparing professionals for practice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home