Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

"To Serve a Purpose" Video

I just viewed the Recreation Therapy Video (RTV) “To Serve a Purpose.” This video provides an overview of recreational therapy, its settings and objectives. Even though produced a number of years ago, the video remains pertinent today.


“To Serve a Purpose” is appropriate to use in introductory courses, such as “Introduction to Recreational Therapy” and “Recreation and Leisure” as it provides an introduction to what RT is all about. It also may be used within in-service training with kindred professionals.

“To Serve a Purpose” and 22 other RTV videos may be obtained free of cost from the Indiana University Library. Recreation Therapy Videos (RTV videos) are available via streaming from at https://scholarworks.iu.edu/dspace/handle/2022/3378

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home