Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

RT Mentioned in Article on Best Jobs

In an eHow article by Joseph Walker titled "The Best Jobs for a Bachelor's Degree," recreational therapy is mentioned. The article cites Bureau of Labor Statistics data that indicates a 15% job growth rate for recreational therapists. It lists a salary of $41,270.00 for RTs, stating the salary is lower than for some other health care workers "but the job is ideal for someone who enjoys staying active and engaging patients with therapeutic play."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home