Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Faculty Position at Pittsburg State University

From Chuck Killingsworth at Pittsburg State University via ATRAnet:

Hi, colleagues! I think that I may have mentioned this previously (if so, I apologize for the redundancy!), but wanted to make sure that interested parties are aware of my move to a Phased Retirement program beginning in the fall semester of 2012. As a result of this, our Department (Health, Human Performance, and Recreation) will be seeking to hire someone to teach several of the courses that I have been teaching, especially in the area of Therapeutic Recreation, and the individual must be TR Certified as our program has that Option in the Accreditation of our Recreation Degree.

Our department chair is requesting that this position be filled with a full-time, tenure-track faculty member. Interested parties should have completed a doctoral degree or be ABD and willing to complete her/his doctoral program by June 1st of 2013. If you and someone you know might be interested in this position, please contact Dr. John Oppliger, Chair, HHPR Dept. either via phone (620-235-4665) or email (jopplige@pittstate.edu).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home