Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Recreational Therapy Foundation Winner Announced

From the fall issue of the RTI Newsletter:

"RTI MEMBER WINS SLOGAN CONTEST"

RTI Founding Member David Austin learned at the ATRA Annual Conference in Indianapolis that he was the winner of the slogan contest held by the Recreational Therapy Foundation. His winning entry was: “Support Research: The Foundation for Practice.”

The Recreational Therapy Foundation is a research and educational foundation that supports grants to advance the recreational therapy profession. For information go to www.recreationaltherapyfoundation.org

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike Sutherland said...

Congrats Dave!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Great slogan! Congratulations!

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home