Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

RT History Quiz

On the RT Blog yesterday I discussed whether RT students had understandings of RT history. Today I thought I would provide a very brief history self-test for RT professionals so you might test your knowledge. I warn you it is tough :-) The test follows:

An “RT History Quiz”
Question: What do the following individuals have in common? Fred Humphrey, Ira Hutchinson, Gerald O’Morrow, Janet Pomeroy, and Jean Teague.

Answer: All were selected in 1991 as Pioneers in Therapeutic Recreation by Palaestra magazine and are featured in Part One of the Recreation Therapy Video “Portraits of Pioneers in Therapeutic Recreation.”

(I’ll save the listing of those featured in Part Two of the RTV video for a later quiz!)

In case you wish to view “Portraits of Pioneers in Therapeutic Recreation,” you may go to https://scholarworks.iu.edu/dspace/handle/2022/3378

To view the video, just click on the title of the video and then click on the address of the video that will come up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home