Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Portraits of Pioneers Videos Also Provide History

In my earlier post today I spoke of the possible lack of knowledge of the history of our profession on the part of RT students. And I mentioned 3 RT history videos produced by the Recreation Therapy Video Project of Indiana University.

I did not mention the RTV video "Portraits of Pioneers in Therapeutic Recreation: Part 1 and Part 2." Part One features 5 early figures from the history of RT selected in 1991 by Palaestra Magazine. Part Two of the video features some of the more modern figures. They were selected in 2001 by Palaestra.

"Portraits" may be accessed throught the IU Library cost free video streaming at the address listed in my prior post today. I should mention that both Part One and Part Two appear and to watch Part Two you need to click on "Part 2" -- otherwise "Part 1" will play.

If you haven't seen any of the "Portraits," I'm sure you will enjoy viewing at least some of them. Please have a look for yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home