Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Next Week Toronto!

Next week I go to Toronto to deliver the keynote address to the Therapeutic Recreation Ontario Conference. The title of my talk is "Perspectives on Our Profession: A Nearly 50 Year Journey." An alternative title might be "Looking Back to Look Forward," as what makes looking back meaningful is that it helps us to look forward.

In the afternoon I'll do two educational sessions on my Health Protection/Health Promotion Model. I always enjoy presenting on my conceptual model.

The opportunity to share ideas in Canada and to meet Canadian colleagues is something I relish. It should be fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Danny Pettry said...

I wish I could attend this one.

Best Wishes.

Yours,
Dan.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home