Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Presentors Sought for WV Rec Therapy Workshop

From Danny Pettry, M.S., CTRS, via the ATRAnet Listserv:

Hello fellow Recreational Therapists,

I'm seeking volunteers who could present for a one-day Rec. Therapy workshop at River Park Hospital in Huntington, West Virginia in March 2012. Please send me a quick email if you think you’d be interested.

Our plan is to have 4 training sessions (worth a total of 5 clock hours) in one day for Recreational Therapists and allied professionals who live in the West Virginia, Ohio, and Kentucky Tri-State area.

We’re planning on having two (90-minute) sessions and two (60-minute) sessions. I plan to present one of these four sessions.

Here are some of the topics that we’d really like to have:
·Professionalism in Recreational Therapy
·Rules and Regulations for Coverage of Rec. Therapy Services
·Writing measurable/ functional outcome goals
·Biofeedback Techniques
·Play Therapy Techniques
·Importance of certification/ licensure (public protection)

Please send me a quick email if you’d be interested in presenting a session at our one-day workshop. Thanks.

Yours,

Danny

Contact Information:
Danny Pettry, M.S., C.T.R.S., River Park Hospital, 1230-6th Avenue, Huntington, West Virginia 25701
Email: danny@dannypettry.com
Phone: 304-412-4065

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not surprised that Tai Chi has so many benefits. Any form of martial arts, yoga, exercise is very beneficial as far as concentration, stamina, balance and many other health factors.

12:23 AM  
Blogger Danny Pettry said...

Thanks so much for sharing this info.

Yours,
Danny.

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home