Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

RTV Video Counts Interesting

I've often wondered if anyone was viewing the Recreation Therapy Videos now available via streaming from the Indiana University Library's IUScholarworks. I am happy to report that people are using the streaming technology to view the RTV videos.

The I.U.Library just sent me counts on the use of the Recreation Therapy Videos. The counts are from June of 2009 through January of 2010.

Care to guess which RTV video got the most viewers? It was a surprise to me that "Adaptive Equipment" (with a count of 214) was the most viewed. The second highest count was for "To Serve a Purpose" (with a count of 202).

The history videos also got good play. "Therapeutic Recreation History: The Modern Era" had a count of 182, while "Therapeutic Recreation History: The Formative Years" had a count of 149.

I was pleased that the next most viewed video, with a count of 139, was "Models of Practice: Health Protection/Health Promotion Model." "Models of Practice: The Leisure Ability Model" had a count of 107.

Other titles with counts over 100 were: "Effective Listening" (165) "Transfer Techniques" (165), "Individual Program Planning" (118), "Case Studies" (114), and "Documentation and Behavioral Observation" (108).

One of my personal favorites, "History of Therapeutic Recreation, Parts I,II,III," had a count of 95.

I was very surprised that "Professional Ethics," which I consider one of the best of the RTV videos, only was viewed 53 times. Another surprise was that "Clinical Supervision" was viewed only 70 times.

It did not surprise me that "Quality of Life" had a count of 91.

Other video counts were: "Computer Use in Therapeutic Recreation" (78); "Interactions with People who have Disabilities" (70); "Nonverbal Communication" (66); "Safe Transportation" (63); "Portraits of Pioneers in Therapeutic Recreation" (57); and "Feedback in Learning and Performance Situations" (40).

For the web address of the RTV videos, see the earlier post today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Danny Pettry said...

I am shocked at the lower numbers. I am very glad they have the videos posted. This is really wonderful. Had wanted to get a copy of all the videos for several years.

I'll post about them in my blog and newsletter, too. I provide online self-study courses and may have students to check out videos there, too.

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home