Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Effect of Dance on Man with Cerebral Palsy

GMA had an interesting story on yesterday about Gregg Mozgaia, a 31 year old man with cerebral pslsy. As a result of taking ballet, he significantly improved his ability to walk.

In the written story (you can read on the GMA website) it mentioned that the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago (RIC) has now instituted dance classes.

If you know more about the RIC dance classes or are using dance therapeutically, I hope you will comment on this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home