Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Tribute to Judi Voelkl

I just came across this tribute to Judi Voelkl on the Academy of Leisure Sciences website. I wanted to share it with you. Here it is:

In Memory of Judith Voelkl, February 7, 2009. Today is a very sad day. A dear friend and colleague slipped away this morning, after a courageous journey with bile duct cancer. Judi's contribution to our profession is immeasurable. Her commitment to improving the quality of life of the elderly will continue to make a difference for years to come. Future generations will benefit from her scholarship at Clemson or read her name in our history but they will never have the honor that many of us have shared; being her friend! It is her excitement about anything pink, her contagious laugh, her giving nature and how she loved from the soul, I will remember. And to the very end she thought of others first. It is with great sadness I share this with all of you this day. Sandy Negley, University of Utah and Charlsena F. Stone, UNC-Greensboro

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home