Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Friday, July 10, 2009

ARTA in Our Future?

There has been talk of those in NTRS finally calling it quits -- as most of us did years ago. I know they would be welcomed into ATRA if they are CTRSs.

Perhaps it is time to signifiy that we are one strong professional organization and a time to change our name to the American Recreational Therapy Association (ARTA).

1 Comments:

Blogger Danny Pettry said...

I think that would be the best time to change the name to ARTA if we're going to do so... (is if NTRS closes).

I think we, as a profession, would be stronger if we had one organization. Having two is nice, but it divides funds and members.

I don't know if social workers, physical therapists or nurses have two professional organizations.

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home