Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Professor Julie Dunn Passed Away July 5th

I am sorry to report the death of Julie Dunn. The following appeared in the Tallahassee Democrat:

Dr. Julia Kennon Dunn, 56, of Tallahassee, Fla., passed away Sunday, July 5, 2009, at Big Bend Hospice. Shortly after her birth in Tallahassee, Julie's family moved to St. Petersburg, Fla., where Julie spent her early life. After graduation from Lakewood High, Julie returned to Tallahassee to obtain her Bachelors and Masters Degrees in Education, majoring in Therapeutic Recreation. Julie was a member of the Alpha Omicron Pi Sorority. A Doctoral degree from the University of Illinois completed her formal education. Her passion for learning and research continued while teaching at several universities across the country. Julie returned to Florida State in 1991 to join the faculty in the Recreation and Leisure Services Administration Program. She was active in both the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation and the American Therapeutic Recreation Association.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home