Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

RT/TR Week Reminder

In the July NCPAD News eletronic newsletter there appears a reminder that TR/RT Week is July 12 - 18.

Under the reminder is a link to an article titled "Introduction to Therapeutic Recreation Services" by Kristin Ruprecht, MS, CTRS, in which I am quoted as stating:

"TR is a purposeful intervention that uses recreation to bring about health restoration...(and) has the potential to enhance health or produce high-level wellness."

No reference is provided for the quote and I can't recall where it appeared -- but it not a bad statement if I say so myself! Ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home