Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Social Networking Popular

I recently read in an APA publication that 35% of adults online have a profile on a social networking site, such as Facebook or Twitter. The source reported this is up from 8% in 2005. I've observed that many RTs are involved in social networking.

3 Comments:

Blogger Danny Pettry said...

I'm guessing that more than 35% of the younger genration (teens) have social networking profiles.

I think they are trendy. They come in waves. Myspace was big. Then it was facebook. I read recently online that the era of facebook is ending with the growth of twitter. I'm guessing there will be something in the future that will be bigger than twitter.

==

7:51 PM  
Blogger Danny Pettry said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Danny Pettry said...

Here's my new twitter page:

http://twitter.com/DiscoverWisdom

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home