Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, February 01, 2009

ATRA Mid-Year in Washington, DC

I recently received a card in the mail from ATRA regarding the Professional Issues Mid-Year Forum to be held March 22nd - 24th at the National Conference Center in Washington, DC.

Three educational tracks will be on the program: Public Policy, Identification and Collection of Outcome Indicators, and Chronic Care. Up to 1.55 CEUs will be available.

If you haven't attended an ATRA Mid-Year you should go. If you have been I'm sure you will want to go back this year.

The Mid-Year is smaller in size than the Annual Conference so you really get to mix with fellow participants and speakers. I have just found the Mid-Year meetings to be more relaxed and more fun than the Annual Conferences.

Another plus for the Mid-Year is the "Day on the Hill." This is a day for you to meet with your Congressman or Senator. It is an empowering experience to go to Capital Hill.

For further information about the ATRA Mid-Year go to www.atra-online.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home