Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What is in the ACT KIT?

I recently received an announcement from DisabilityInfo.gov about an Assertive Community Treatment Knowledge Informing Transformation (ACT KIT). I had not previously heard of the ACT KIT. Have you? If so, how about commenting on this post?

Here is the information provided by DisabilityInfo.gov on the ACT KIT:

The ACT KIT offers information and guidance on providing comprehensive mental health treatment and support services to help individuals with serious mental illness stay out of the hospital and live successfully in the community. This information can help mental health providers develop community-based services that are better suited to the individual needs of clients.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home