Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Jerry Kelley Visit

My old friend, Jerry Kelley, and his wife stayed with us for a couple of days this week. Jerry was on Karl Minninger's staff at one time (Minninger was a famous psychiatrist who developed the Minninger Clinic and who was an early advocate of RT). Jerry also started the Midwest TR Symposium, was an NTRS President, and certainly played a key role as a national leader for RT back in the 1970s.

I was really glad that IU faculty Bryan McCormick, Marieike VanPuymbroeck, and Lisbeth Berbary took the opportunity to meet Jerry. And, by the way, Jerry was very impressed by the IU faculty.

It was great to see Jerry and to talk over the "good old days." Though retired now, Jerry is still a strong supporter of RT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home