Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Enjoyed RTI Conference

It was good to get down to Evansville for the Recreation Therapists of Indiana Annual Conference. It was my honor to give the Keynote Address for this year's conference. My title was "This I Believe about Recreation Therapy." I enjoyed sharing my thoughts and it seemed that most of those attending were interested in what I had to say.

It was fun to see a great number of our former IU students and others that I have gotten to know over the years. It was also good to spend time catching up with Bob Glaser, who lives in Evansville. Bob and I worked together at the Evansville State Hospital in the 1960s.

Laurie Lee, RTI President, did a great job in putting together the RTI Conference. I'm glad to see our state RT society doing well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Sutherland said...

Dave, it is great to hear that you enjoyed the RTI conference and that it was a quality offering. I was also wondering if you would be interested in being a keynote speaker for the CDARTA conference next spring. I am not in charge but I know Karen Grote (CDARTA president) is looking for presenters. Let me know...

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home