Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

"World Tour" Announcement -- Well, Hardly

You may have seen Mike Sutherland's comment to my post on the recent RTI Conference. In it Mike asked if I would be interested in giving a Keynote Address at the spring CDARTA Conference.

If you read this, Mike, know that I would be honored to do a Keynote for CDARTA. We would just have to firm up a date.

I have enjoyed giving Keynote Addresses for the Canadian Therapeutic Recreation Association and the Recreation Therapists of Indiana this year. I also spoke in Judi Voelkl's class at Clemson earlier this fall and have been invited to do a telephone lecture for a university class this spring.

These speaking engagements do not exactly constitute a "World Tour" (like rock stars do to promote their music) but my book Therapeutic Recreation Processes and Techniques will soon be coming out so I will be happy to promote it! :-)

I would be more than happy to give talks to other groups if the date is open for me. Just let me know at daustin@indiana.edu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home